Top Law Enforcement Blogs
Law enforcement blogs are a great source of information for aspiring police officers to gain insights into what it is like to be a law enforcement officer. The following law enforcement blogs have been selected because they provide valuable information for individuals who are interested in becoming a police officer which can be facilitated by earning a law enforcement degree.
- Just a Cop – Brian Cain is a Sergeant and Law Enforcement Chaplain at Holly Springs Police Department in Georgia. At his blog Just a Cop, Brian offers a unique perspective on the world of policing including discussion of faith in law enforcement.
- Improving Police – Retired Police Chief and author David Couper shares insights from over 30 years of working in law enforcement and provides ideas on how police departments can help improve American society.
- 10-8 Double A – Double A is a beat cop who also works part time on the SWAT team. At 10-8, Double A sheds light on what it is like to work in law enforcement through stories of working in the field.
- Riding in the Squad with Christ – A blog from the prospective of a Christian police officer who discusses faith and law enforcement.
- Cop in the Hood – A blog by Harvard-educated sociologist Peter Moskos, who became a cop in a tough Baltimore neighborhood and wrote a book about his experience.
- Walking the Social Media Beat – Tim Burrows is a Road Sergeant with the Toronto Police Service and author of Walking the Social Media Beat where he writes about how law enforcement agencies can effectively use social media as a communication tool.
- Bad Luck Detective – This blog has an excellent 20-part series of posts that describe what it is like to attend a police academy.
- Officer Smith – A California police officer with 10 years of experience shares stories and thoughts.
- Covered Law Enforcement – Covered Law Enforcement shares experiences and insights into a police career from the Christian perspective of a Tennessee police officer.
- Cops Alive – Provides information and strategies to help police officers successfully survive their careers.
- Police Mental Health – An interesting and informative blog that discusses the psychology and mental aspects of police work.
- The Boogie Man is My Friend – A female veteran cop who recounts insightful and uncensored conversations while on duty.
- From Cop to Mom and the Words In Between – A retired cop discusses life after the badge.
- Discover Policing – This blog has excellent articles that provide insights and information on becoming a police officer including expert interviews and useful information on the different career paths within law enforcement.
- Tales from a Graveyard Dog – A veteran police officer provides fascinating stories and commentary about working the graveyard shift.
- The Things Worth Believing In – A blog discussing police work with a focus on the technical aspects such as choosing the right holster, searching a structure, and weapon skills. A great series of posts called Tactical Preschool provides over 60 lessons that explain police tactics.
- Cop Thoughts – A cop shares his thoughts on his interactions with people breaking the law and working in law enforcement.
- A Tenderfoot in Tombstone – A police officer provides a first-hand account of responding to calls in Texas.
- A Police Wife – If you ever wondered what it is like for the spouse of a police officer, this blog by the wife of a new officer is highly recommended.
- Positive LEO – A blog sharing positive, lighthearted and inspirational stories about law enforcement officers.
- If you got stopped…you deserved it – An inside look into the life of a motorcycle cop in California.
- Dead Investigations – A detective in the Major Crimes Unit gives us an inside and humorous look at investigating murders and dealing with death.
- Sgt Says – Written by a reserve police 30 years experience in military, police, and private security who shares officer safety tips, news, crime bulletins, training, firearms information.
- Cop n’ Attitude – A cop provides an up close and entertaining look at working the streets.
- Press Hard 3 Copies – A motor officer in North California tells entertaining stories about patrolling the roads.
- The Enforcer’s Notebook – A cop shares observations and stories about police work.
- Blue Sheepdog – Provides information and training for law enforcement officers including weapons safety and survival tips.
- Second City Cop – A Chicago city cop shares his thoughts on police issues in this award winning blog.
- Think Different – A Commander with the Aurora Police Department in Illinois discusses law enforcement issues on this blog.
- The Squad Room – This educational blog discusses interesting police topics including new police technology, books, and information about detective work.
- I Aim to Misbehave – A military veteran who blogs frequently about life as a police officer.
International Police Blogs
- The Duty Sgt – A police officer in the UK shares detailed stories of eventful calls and how he reacts to different situations.
- Response Plod – This fascinating police blog from the UK discusses interesting calls and insights into police work.
- Which End Bites – A well-written blog by a dog handler that shares opinions about police related topics and police dog news.
- Sergeant Simon – Sergeant Simon provides thought provoking discussion on the state of law enforcement.
- The Thinking Policeman – Lex Ferenda is a police inspector who discusses crime and punishment, recent police issues, and shares some stories from the field in this thoughtful blog.
- Police Inspector Blog – One of the most popular police blogs in the United Kingdom, Inspector Gadget provides insights and commentary on the state of the police profession in the UK.
- Behind the Blue Line – Sandra Glendinning, a veteran police officer in Vancouver, Canada shares her observations and stories from her experiences in the field.
- Detective Chief Inspector Mark Payne – A detective in England provides commentary on his job and his day to day experiences.
- The Modern Knight – A Deputy Chief of Field Operations in Chicago discusses police issues and why police officers are the modern day equivalent to knights.
- Ten-8 – A military veteran tells detailed stories of working his second career as a police officer.
- Raindogblue – These short and poetic blog posts and artistic photos provide great insight into police work.
- Police Quest -A blog about one man’s quest to fulfill his dream of becoming a cop.
- Houston Police Department Recruiting Blog – Officer McCoy discusses police recruiting and insights into training.
- Glock N’ Cuffs – A 27-year veteran police officer shares accounts of working in law enforcement.
- The Director’s Desk -The Police Chief in Lincoln Nebraska discusses police issues, crime, and the job of being police chief.
If you have a suggestion for the Top 50 Law Enforcement Blogs please email info(at)criminaljusticedegreeschools.com.
Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Information by State
Our ranking explores the top U.S. criminal psychology degrees of 2021 and provides a detailed guide to program requirements and career tracks.
Interested in pursuing a juris doctor? Explore our list of 2021 JD degrees to find excellent ABA-approved and accredited programs at top law schools.
A criminal justice associate degree can lead to an exciting new career. Our guide covers what to expect from the best criminal justice associate programs.
Are you ready to find a school that's aligned with your interests?
Search schools to find the program that's right for you.