NSA Police Job Description & Career Outlook
The job of an NSA (National Security Agency) police officer is to help protect the people who make the United States safe-in other words, they provide security for those who are defending our nation. Responsibilities of the NSA officer include counter terrorism, asset protection, transportation control, critical incident management, emergency mitigation, vehicle and facility inspection, firearms training and range management, and patrol of NSA property.
NSA police officers are federal employees who work on or around the NSA facility in and around its complexes at Fort Meade, Maryland. They work closely with NSA employees and the federal government to enforce federal statutes.
Become a NSA Police Officer: Education & Other Requirements
In order to apply for a position with the NSA, you must be a United States citizen and have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. The NSA employs individuals from a military, government, or private sector background. They also offer internship opportunities for college students wishing to pursue a career in National Security.
NSA Police Career Outlook
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the job growth for NSA officers is favorable. The average salary is approximately $51,000/year depending on education and experience and area of expertise.
NSA Career Related Degrees, Programs & Schools
University of Phoenix
- M.S. in Administration of Justice and Security/Law Enforcement Organizations
- M.S. in Administration of Justice and security/Global Homeland Security
- A.A. in Criminal Justice
American InterContinental University Online
- Bachelor's of Science in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's - Homeland Security and Crisis Management
- Associate's (AABA) - Criminal Justice Administration
- Criminal Justice, BA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Legal Studies, BA (Online)
Colorado Technical University Online
- Masters of Science in Management in Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice: Human Services
Grand Canyon University
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- B.S. in Public Safety and Emergency Management
California University of Pennsylvania
- Master of Science in Legal Studies: Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Legal Studies: Criminal Justice
- MA in Social Science (Applied Criminology)
- BS - Homeland Security
- MS - Homeland Security
- MS - Criminal Justice
Page Edited by Charles Sipe.