Top Law Enforcement Websites
October 14, 2020 | Staff Writers
This list of 50 top law enforcement websites contains useful resources for learning about a career in the law enforcement field including news, career sites, government agencies, blogs, and police associations.
Law Enforcement News
- PoliceOne.com – This site provides breaking police news, police forums, and information on useful products for law enforcement professionals.
- Officer.com – This site features law enforcement product reviews, a podcast that interviews police officers, forums, and the latest news in law enforcement.
- American Police Beat – American Police Beat is a print publication focusing on providing a voice to the law enforcement community. Their website provides commentary on law enforcement issues, summaries of court decisions affecting the law enforcement community, and information on relevant products.
- Corrections.com – Corrections.com is a leading provider of news and information about the corrections field. In addition to providing the latest corrections news, readers can find forums, job postings, and helpful industry links.
- Police Magazine – The website of the monthly print magazine offers law enforcement professionals with helpful resources to be more effective in their jobs. The resources include dozens of free police how to guides, podcasts with interviews of law enforcement experts, and product reviews.
- True Crime Magazine – True Crime Magazine covers notable crimes from diamond heists to unsolved murders with in-depth articles and short news summaries.
- Law Officer – The website of this print publication provides law enforcement webinars, police forums, breaking police news, and product information.
- CopBlue – CopBlue regularly publishes articles discussing breaking news, tactical and training best practices, and ethics in law enforcement. CopBlue also provides access to officer training and mental health resources through its partners.
Law Enforcement Careers
- Discover Policing – An informational site that explains the benefits of joining a career in law enforcement.
- The Blue Line – This site provides current job postings for law enforcement jobs in police departments across the country.
- USA Jobs – USA Jobs is a federal job site that provides information on current job openings in the federal government including the Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security.
- Criminal Justice Career Interviews – Career interviews with Sheriffs, police chiefs, gang investigators, and police officers.
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives – News and career information from the official ATF website.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics – The BJS website provides extensive data and statistics on crime, law enforcement, and corrections.
- FBI Most Wanted – The FBI’s list of top fugitives.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement – The ICE.gov site provides updates on recent activity by the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service – The NCJRS provides extensive information and data on crime and justice for public use. The NCJRS has one of the largest criminal libraries and databases in the world.
- The United States Department of Justice – News and information about the United States Department of Justice.
- US Marshals Service – The official site of the US Marshals features factsheets, history, and career opportunities.
- National Security Agency – The official site of the NSA provides instructions on how to apply to work at the NSA, research information, and recent NSA news.
- Drug Enforcement Agency – The DEA website contains useful information on the agency’s history, career opportunities, and drug facts.
- Federal Bureau of Prisons – The FOB is responsible for the custody and care of over 200,000 offenders and their website contains information on careers and federal prison facilities.
- United States Secret Service – The Secret Service website features a historic timeline, employment information, and most wanted fugitives.
Other Law Enforcement Sites
- Cops.com – The website of the long running police reality show now in its 25th season.
- Officer Down Memorial Page – A non-profit organization that honors and remembers America’s fallen officers.
- Police Foundation – The Police Foundation aims to help the police to be more effective through research.
- PoliceTraining.net – This site provides current listings of law enforcement classes and seminars from across the country.
- US Cyber Challenge – The USCC aims to identify and recruit the next generation of cybersecurity professionals and their website provides information on upcoming competitions and summer camps.
Law Enforcement Blogs
- Top 50 Law Enforcement Blogs – A list of the top police blogs in the United States and internationally.
- Cop in the Hood – Peter Moskos is an author, former Baltimore police officer, and Associate Professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
- Bad Luck Detective – Author and police officer Suzie Ivy shares insights into attending police academy and her experiences in the field.
- Officer Smith – A long running blog of a California peace officer that shares insights and thoughts about working in law enforcement.
- Houston Police Department Recruiting Blog – Photos and stories from the Houston Police Department’s police academy and officers in the field.
For even more law enforcement blogs, see our Top Law Enforcement Blogs page.
- American Correctional Association
- American Criminal Justice Association
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- American Society of Criminology
- Fraternal Order of Police
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators
- National Association of Police Organizations
- National Sheriffs Association
- National Troopers Coalition
- Reserve Officers Association
- United States Police Canine Association
Law Enforcement Agencies
CriminalJusticeDegreeSchools.com ranking lists can help you find the best program for you. Explore our methodology for ranking criminal justice programs.
As of May 2018, there were about 24,290 paralegals employed in Texas, with the Dallas and Houston metropolitan areas among the top ten metros with…
Border patrol agents (BPAs) are law enforcement officers who enforce federal laws when people or goods travel into the United States. They work along the…
Are you ready to find a school that's aligned with your interests?
Search schools to find the program that's right for you.