Criminal Justice Bachelors Degree
A bachelor in criminal justice prepares students with a broad knowledge of the criminal justice system. Students will learn about the role of technology in forensics and criminal justice, how the corrections system works, how the courts work with law enforcement, as well as criminal justice theory. Many online criminal justice programs allow the student to focus on an area of interest, such as paralegal studies or forensic science. A bachelor in criminal justice degree also provides the education needed to become a police officer. Whether you’re looking to land an entry-level position or advance your career, a criminal justice bachelor’s degree will give you the education you need to increase your experience and earning power. In fact, the U.S. Census Bureau reports that a worker’s earnings increase with education level, and those with bachelor’s degrees can earn 35 to 45 percent more than the competition.
A bachelor’s degree in criminal justice will help prepare you for some of the most highly sought after jobs in the criminal justice field, such as a detective or criminal investigator position. This occupation in particular is projected to grow faster than average through 2018. In 2008, people in this field earned a median wage of $29.29 an hour, or $60,910 annually, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It’s a job that requires integrity, self control and attention to detail. If you possess those traits, a bachelor’s degree will give you the additional education required for an investigative position, such as knowledge of laws and legal codes, human behavior and psychological research methods.
Bachelors Degrees from Accredited Online Criminal Justice Schools
University of Phoenix
- B.S. in Criminal Justice Administration/Human Services for Criminal Justice
- B.S in Criminal Justice Administration/Cybercrimes
- B.S. in Criminal Justice Administration - Human Services
- B.S. in Human Services - Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
Colorado Technical University Online
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice: Human Services
- BS - Criminal Justice
- BS - Homeland Security
American InterContinental University Online
- Bachelor's - Corrections and Case Management
- Bachelor's of Science in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's - Homeland Security and Crisis Management
California University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Arts in Jurisprudence: Legal Studies
1. Harr, J. Scott. Careers in Criminal Justice and Related Fields. Belmont: Wadsworth, 2010.